Across the United States, Bellsouth is well-recognized for its top-notch email services. In addition, it lets users send and receive emails through other email clients such as Outlook, etc. Nonetheless, it is pretty common for users to encounter the “Bellsouth email not working” due to various reasons. Due to wrong login details, an old browser, a low-internet connection, invalid mail settings, and so on, Bellsouth email doesn’t work and blocks users from operating their mail accounts.
Now, let’s go through the solutions below to get rid of this email error. But before this, we would like you to also have a little knowledge of its causes. Therefore, before the solutions, here we have provided some causes of this email not working issue.
Why Is My Bellsouth Email Not Working? – Causes
- Your Bellsouth email could be blocked because you must have violated Bellsouth’s terms and conditions
- You aren’t using a valid username and password.
- Too many cookies stored on the browser can also trigger email issues.
- Bellsouth email may have a down server issue.
- A virtual private network or adblocker can prevent the Bellsouth email from functioning well.
- A firewall or antivirus can also block various mail features of Bellsouth. So, disable them.
- Bellsouth email hasn’t been configured on other email clients in a valid way.
A Like Post – Roadrunner Email Not Working
How To Fix “Bellsouth Email Not Working”?
#1. Re-check Your Login Information
When you can’t log into your Bellsouth email account, you need to verify your account login details – username and password.
You will definitely not be able to access your Bellsouth account if you provide incorrect login credentials.
Moreover, if you aren’t sure whether you have entered the correct username and password or if forget the details, reset your password.
Therefore, let’s read the below-mentioned process to reset Bellsouth login details.
- Beforehand, go to the Bellsouth log-in portal.
- Now, click the “Forgot Password” option.
- Thereafter, you will have to give your recovery email id or phone where you will be sent a secret code to reset the password.
- Next, enter the sent code and let the verification process complete successfully.
- Click “OK”.
- Here, you can reset the password and access the Bellsouth account.
#2. Check & Optimize The Browser
Now, you could have to face hurdles or you may be stopped from logging into your email account if the browser isn’t compatible with Bellsouth. So, make sure the browser is neither outdated nor full of cookies and browsing history.
If you want to use your Bellsouth email account on a browser, do not forget to optimize the browser. To optimize the browser, you are supposed to delete all cookies or cache, or history.
It is essential to delete all browser cookies so that you don’t have to encounter any issues while running web applications.
Additionally, you can use another browser or update the existing one.
Also, the web browser can start malfunctioning if there are installed too many unnecessary extensions. Because of that, you need to remove add-ons and extensions from your browser.
#3. Check If It’s Server Issue
“Bellsouth email not working” can also appear when the Bellsouth mail server is down due to maintenance work. Unfortunately, there isn’t anything that users can do to resolve server errors. So, wait and let the issue be resolved on its own. The server issue does not last for long.
Besides waiting, you can contact Bellsouth south support team for further help and guidance.
To check if the server really has problems, go to the down detector site to check the server status.
#4. Remove Third-Party software & Firewall
The third-party application must not stop you from logging into your Bellsouth email account. If it does, you need to delete or disable that program or software from your device simply.
Furthermore, turn off security programs on your device such as firewalls or something as this will prevent Bellsouth mail features.
In most cases, it is possible the email issue doesn’t resolve even after disabling the firewall or third-party software. So if you find yourself in the same situation, you can enable all these apps back again.
#5. Fix Outlook To Access Bellsouth
If you can’t use your Bellsouth email account in Outlook, it is due to a corrupted Outlook profile. So, repair the Outlook profile using the given steps.
- Click on the “File” section in Outlook.
- Select the “Info” option later.
- Choose “Account” &“Account Settings” further.
- Thereafter, change “Folder to Outlook Data File”, then Inbox.
#6. Fix “Bellsouth Not Working In Outlook”
If you are unable to use your Bellsouth email account in Outlook, configure the account in a valid manner.
- First of all, open Outlook.
- Then, go to “File” and then, click the “Add Account” option.
- Now, select “Manual setup or additional server types”.
- Further, tap “OK” to proceed further.
- Select “POP or IMAP”.
- Here, enter the display name and email ID.
- Enter the valid server details as mentioned below for the POP3 account.
- The incoming server is inbound.att.net.
- The outgoing server is outbound.att.net.
- Provide login details and go to “More Settings”.
- Go to the “Advanced” section and put 995 in the incoming server port number.
- Finally, enter 465 for the outgoing server port number.
- Enter the given server details for the IMAP account.
- The incoming server is imap.att.net.
- The outgoing server is smtp.mail.att.net.
- Incoming port number – 993
- Outgoing server port number – 465 or 587.
- Tap the “Test Account Settings” option to check the correct configuration of the server details.
#7. Check Spam If Unable To Receive Emails
If new emails aren’t coming to the inbox of the Bellsouth account, you need to check the spam folder. Due to filters or other reasons, emails are shown in the spam folder.
To receive emails in the inbox only, delete all the inessential folders. After that, your inbox will start receiving new emails.
#8. Connect A High-Speed Internet To the Device
A reliable internet connection is also an important thing that helps Bellsouth email work with ease. If the internet connection is slow, no task will be accomplished on the internet forget about “Sending & Receiving emails”.
So, if you are wondering “How to fix the Bellsouth.net email not working”, check the internet connection.
The fixing tips mentioned in the blog will indeed be helpful in fixing the “Bellsouth email isn’t working” issue. Nevertheless, you can contact the Email Assistant if the issue isn’t fixed.